From The Old TLS
It seems after the TLS reporter left last night’s Republican meeting attended by Freeholders Lacey and Kelly, Senator Bob Singer felt that Hershel Herskowitz should have shown up at the meeting. “He is a coward that hides behind his anonymous attacks on me on the Lakewood scoop” he announced at the meeting. “If he was a real man he would have showed up to the meeting tonight to debate me in person”, he said. They vowed to crush his campaign, and make sure he loses. In response to this attack,
Hershel released the following statement: Dear Senator Singer, and other angry Committeemen,
I apologize that I did not attend the Republican meeting last night. I was not aware of this social club, and I was not invited. Even if I had known there was a meeting, I would not have shown up unannounced, in fear that I may cause some to feel uncomfortable.
I am sorry that you think of me as being brazen, brash, or better said, “chutzpadik”. I do not wish to insult you. I am not out to attack you. I have respect for you as a human being, and you are older than me, and deserve to be treated with a certain degree of deference.
I did not challenge you to debate me on the Lakewood scoop, as you asserted. I asked for a debate on your terms. If you had invited me to that meeting I would have surely attended. I did not do anything to hurt you behind your back. I did not tell inspectors to harass you, or anything of that nature. I did not spread lies about you that you were at one time a slumlord, when only the exact opposite is the truth.
You and your fellow committeeman, can call me a backstabbing, ungrateful, person in public, and berate me for ignoring all the honor you bestowed upon me to head the Downtown Committee. The only favor I ask is that you not punish our town for it.
The Downtown Commission sent in proposals to help save our city center. There were three proposals sent in, regarding changing permitted store uses (drug money laundering is not one of them), bicycle ordinances and parking changes. These were endorsed by the commission, and traffic and safety. Yet you and the Committee have ignored everything we have done.
I hope to be there at the next meeting to have a pleasant discussion with you regarding the needs of this town. If you would like to forward me a list of questions that will be asked, I would appreciate it.
Harold (Hershel) Herskowitz
There are 70 Comments to "Senator Bob Singer: Hershel Herskowitz Is A Coward"
- bait and switch says: April 16, 2010 at 5:29 pm The article heading was misleading. I thought Bob was writing an article for the TLS. Let’s keep this 100% above board.
- dovdov says: April 16, 2010 at 5:30 pm I warned you that they would ignore your ideas. Keep on fighting the status quo and iy”h the tzibbur will finally get a break. Thank you.
- chill out says: April 16, 2010 at 5:32 pm Let’s take a deep breath and relax. Perhaps we should all go watch a Blue Claws game.
- ascoon says: April 16, 2010 at 5:37 pm It doesn’t make a difference to us who is more macho. The main thing is to get rid of the corruption in our town and lower the taxes. Hershel promises to do so, Sen. Singer who is in power at the present time has not shown any inclination to do so. No layoffs or any other tax saving measures. Time for change. Go Hershel!!!!!
- we're off to see the wizard says: April 16, 2010 at 5:40 pm Courage. If he only had some courage. He is running for township and he has no courage??? Hershel doesn’t say things anonymously.
- I got your back says: April 16, 2010 at 5:45 pm Hershel, with the new yellow trash bins, you shouldn’t get any more “violations” outside your store. Unless, of course, you keep campaigning.
- where is he? says: April 16, 2010 at 5:52 pm Tyrone makes early shabbos.
- Anonymous says: April 16, 2010 at 5:54 pm I love how HH says it like it is!! Singer will obviously not go down without a fight and the other committeeman all know they will be heading out after Singer loses so they will obviously try to keep him…… HH we needed you in this town a LONG time ago. Better late than never!
- be careful Hershel says: April 16, 2010 at 5:54 pm Sometimes boxing matches are fixed.
- TZOFLOIGEN! says: April 16, 2010 at 5:56 pm Hmmm..do I sense something going on behind the scenes….I think reb h would have looked better had he posted his response in a comment… To reb tyrone:I left you a shailo on the post regarding tfillen…..
- Ann says: April 16, 2010 at 5:57 pm Hershal i dont think singer stands a chance against you in the polls thats why he’s starting to act desperate, you gotta ask why does he want this job so badly?! Hmmmmm
- the thrilla in the kehilla says: April 16, 2010 at 5:57 pm Hershel is the #1 contender for the heavyweight crown.
- ehrlich Yid says: April 16, 2010 at 6:00 pm Hershel. There are many many people behind Ýou. If the Vaad endorses him, then you’ll for sure get the vote of all the anti-estabishment group (which happens to number in the many)
- he's pro establishment says: April 16, 2010 at 6:02 pm The only thing Hershel is against is bad government.
- referee says: April 16, 2010 at 6:06 pm 1..2..3..4..5..6..7..8..9..10
Hershel wins in a knockout!
- fair and unbalanced says: April 16, 2010 at 6:11 pm Hershel is no back stabber.
- 14th st says: April 16, 2010 at 6:15 pm oh snap go harold
- chutzpa says: April 16, 2010 at 6:16 pm Bob you are the coward not Herchel. What a nerve calling Hershel a coward. He is the first courageous person in the last 20 years to go public with his opinions and concerns about the way this town is run. He is the only individual to publicly voice concerns about special interest sweet heart deals and corruption in this town. True there are about 7000 frum families that have this view yet he is the only one to take it on. As far as singer is concerned he is the coward he hides behind a veil in everything he does hoping not to get caught.
I have one other issue that I would like to mention, This week we saw a personal attack on Hershels father who I knew to be a Tzadik. he was the sweetest person I ever knew . Yet every time someone tries to point out or take issue with current Committeemen and their real estate dealings it is not published. Can you please explain the double standard?
- Tyrone says: April 16, 2010 at 6:17 pm I do not make early shabbos due to many halachic complications but i am very torud today …. i will have something smart to say after shabbos , im sure..
- Where is Kim? says: April 16, 2010 at 6:56 pm Are Kim and Tyrone the same?
You never see em together.
And btw has anyone seen KMIT.
Do I have a life?
Shabbas Shalom everyone.
- Tyrone says: April 16, 2010 at 7:06 pm wow imagine a debate btwn tyrone and kim! ! Makes my head swirl
- Kvetcher says says: April 16, 2010 at 7:13 pm We need a beer summit. Call Obama
- Ifiknewthen says: April 16, 2010 at 10:53 pm I think the people in the adult communities have had it with Singer. He has done a few good things, but has done far more damaging things for the town. His involvement in the co-generation plant and the professional park land giveaway that cost all of us dearly are but two issues he will have to overcome. Singer is afraid of falling off the gravy train.
- you're kidding! says: April 17, 2010 at 8:19 am You want change? Vote for Charlie Cunliffe!
- cunliffe? says: April 17, 2010 at 9:16 pm The guy that signed the genius blue claws deal. 25 thousand a year rent. He was in the same league as bobby boy.
- KMIT says: April 17, 2010 at 9:18 pm Hey tyrone, I think it is time you finally came out of the closet. Take it from me, its very hard to live a lie.
- taxpayer says: April 17, 2010 at 9:50 pm I think that we should put together a comittee and hire private accountants and detectives to look at the budgets and follow all comitteemen !! its not that expensive I priced it out!! Let’s go men! We will save thousands in property taxes guaranteed!! Enough with singer and his buddys!!
- my kind of KMIT says: April 17, 2010 at 10:07 pm Politics in Lakewood usually follows the don’t ask don’t tell policy.
Not with Hershel. Or Bruno.
- tohras lokshen says: April 17, 2010 at 10:22 pm Bottom line is who makes a. Bettwe potato kugel Judy or russo?
- mazel tov says: April 17, 2010 at 10:27 pm to no 27, I agree we should hire lawyers and accountants to sue this town and bring down property taxes. How do we get the oilam together
- Moish grois says: April 17, 2010 at 10:42 pm Hershel, don’t let anyone backstabe you.
- Tyrone says: April 17, 2010 at 10:57 pm 26, I aint “living” a lie! I live the true life and I post anonymousness and frequent, truthful posts on TLS.
- liberal says: April 17, 2010 at 11:04 pm I’m very impressed with Hershel. He has smart ideas and is a man of integrity. Does Hershel have any plans to reach out to the homeless community? Someone has to look out for them. Too many politicians ignore them and just blame them for their situation.
- Anonymous says: April 17, 2010 at 11:05 pm Hershel wants to represent everyone in the community.
- Moish grois says: April 17, 2010 at 11:21 pm To 33, Yes he is reaching out to the homeless community, as you will see later this week.
- take me out to the ballgame says: April 17, 2010 at 11:27 pm moderating monikers?!
- You're out! says: April 18, 2010 at 12:00 am Hershel for township!
- To Mazel tov says: April 18, 2010 at 12:04 am Sure you hire accountants and lawyers to fight the town. Then the town fights back with their billable accountants and lawyers.
You and me
those saying mazal tov will be the lawyers and the accountants hired by the town; not the taxpayer.
Zay nisht keyn naar.
- double play says: April 18, 2010 at 12:07 am Keep Bob in Trenton. Put Hershel in Lakewood Township!
- anonymous says: April 18, 2010 at 12:10 am its about time that we have someone like hershel
- anonymous says: April 18, 2010 at 12:11 am we need hakoras hatov to singer, but its time time to go
- Anonymous says: April 18, 2010 at 12:13 am to TLS moderator
- IT IS HIGH! IT IS FAR....IT IS GONE!!! says: April 18, 2010 at 12:15 am HE”S GOT HIGH HOPES! HE’S GOT FAR REACHING PLANS!
THE STATUS QUO IS GONE! LAKEWOOD WINS! THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LAKEWOOD TOWNSHIP WINS!!!
- sterling character says: April 18, 2010 at 12:22 am What a shot! Oh……….Here’s a commercial—for Hershel……
Run Hershel Run!
- chabatzker says: April 18, 2010 at 12:23 am Good going hh now all you have to do is tell us how you plan to cut taxes and you get evrybodys vote even singer
- Lakewooder says: April 18, 2010 at 1:26 am Hershel…Of course they didnt adopt any of your ideas . they never do.The lac has tried it many times with budget commissions etc…It always went down in smoke!The only way out is people voting for true candidates like yourself who want to help…Just like the lac candidates for the boe…They also will help and you guys can finally work together for the good of main street Lakewood
- Moish grois says: April 18, 2010 at 1:52 am He never said he will cut taxes. He said he will stop the curoption.
- sarge says: April 18, 2010 at 7:35 am Reading all these comments just shows how sheep are so easily herded into a corral. They can’t think for themselves and will blindly follow the rest. I’m sure that IF your beloved Hershel gets elected, everything will just magically be fixed. Open your eyes and actually do a little research, then you will see the truth. And maybe take the time to crack open a dictionary, or give spell check a try…
- to open-eyed sarge with the dictionary says: April 18, 2010 at 8:31 am sergeant.
- to sarge says: April 18, 2010 at 8:43 am Sheep? Blind? Are you comparing 30 years of following a man that has been using his power as his personal piggy bank, to a man that anyone who knows him, and there are many, knows that he just likes to fix things. It could be an old ugly house into a toy store, or the whole downtown area. It took a long time to convince me, and I am not a sheep by any means. If Singer were smart he would announce that he is giving over his committee seat to him, to avoid the embarrassment of losing. If he loses to him his Senate seat will be vulnerable. I lnow I would vote for herschel to take his senate seat too.
- ASSKAN SAYS says: April 18, 2010 at 9:53 am MR. SINGER SHOULD RESIGN TO SAVE HIM SELF THE EMBARASSMENT OF LOSING THIS ELECTION . I SPOKE TO MANY PEOPLE THIS SHABBOS AND EVERYONE IN ONE VOICE SAID THEY HAD ENOUGH OF SINGER AND WE MUST STOP ALL THIS CORRUPTION……….
- VOTER says: April 18, 2010 at 9:56 am Lets wait until the election and see who is the coward .
- Anonymous says: April 18, 2010 at 10:45 am singer should have been voted out years ago .The establishment is too tied down to him and will have to publicly endorse him but in private would kove to see change for the betterment of lakewood.
- sarge says: April 18, 2010 at 11:05 am to #50. Didn’t write sergeant. The nickname is “sarge”, not “serge”. Guess we know your eyes are open.
- oldlkwd says: April 18, 2010 at 11:39 am Why won’t tls post any comments that are not pro hh?
- bifocals says: April 18, 2010 at 12:12 pm I’ll follow you sarge! You sound like a progressive thinker with a pleasant disposition. Charge sarge!
- Shmelke says: April 18, 2010 at 1:41 pm Herschel, nice comment. The oilom thinks you are out to get Bob, and that is why you are running against him in the primary, and not running as an independent. Can you be masbir for the oilom on this nekudah, please? Shkoiach.
- shmelke's nigun says: April 18, 2010 at 2:26 pm Who made you the spokesman for the oilom? And as self appointed spokesman you’re still too chicken to use your name?! Hershel is not out to”get” Bob. He is out to unseat Bob on the township committee.
Believe it or not, Hershel even wants to represent you. And your nekudah. Shkoiach.
- sheker says says: April 18, 2010 at 2:34 pm what is HH doing to cut property taxes?
- I miss that ohr chodosh record says: April 18, 2010 at 2:37 pm Bilvavi, children of silence, wait–I’m not sure about that song, and they all blur into the London pirchei–so I miss them all but whatever.
Better than today’s rock n’ roll.
- jaws says: April 18, 2010 at 4:39 pm SHEKER———-HE’s BACK!!!
- sheker's parole officer says: April 18, 2010 at 4:41 pm Remember what the judge said. Stay away from trouble and don’t go online.
- VOTER says: April 18, 2010 at 4:52 pm hershel will cut taxes by stopping corruption
- Anonymous says: April 18, 2010 at 5:46 pm when are the elections?
- ha ha ha says: April 18, 2010 at 5:55 pm from what I have seen, HH has not offered one tax saving measure. I see that our mayor has just saved the town millions in EMS costs. I haven’t seen one post from HH stating how he will cut taxes.
- sheker says: April 18, 2010 at 6:06 pm HH. Are you willing to lay off police? Are you willing to lay off public works? Will you vote against the proposed parking lot on 4th street? What about land for schools? will you vote to give free/cheap land to private schools? Are you willing to privatize garbage pickup for all? for downtown? for schools? if you want my vote you will need to tell us in clear unambiguous language how you will vote on the above questions.
- sheker says: April 18, 2010 at 6:11 pm I think it is very interesting as to what moish grois says: first he comments that we will soon find out what HH will do about the homeless leading me to believe to grois is either HH or someone in his campaign. then he says that HH never promised to lower taxes. So who is the shakran? if HH is not going to lower taxes, what do we need him for?
- hh supporter says: April 18, 2010 at 6:25 pm You convinced me sheker. Cogent logic, persuasion with kindness, and just your sheer likability. You win!
- to sheker says: April 18, 2010 at 7:10 pm We thought you crawled back under the rock you came out of after you attacked herschels father a”h. What made you show up again? You are obviously one of the few that are trying in vain to make singer look good. Hh will only be able to lower taxes if he has cooperation from all the board members and the boe. That is something singer had all these years but did nothing. Hh aint dumb, he will not look like a fool when they don’t play along with him. But he will be able to embarass them into doing what he wants. He has the scooper in his hands. He can talk and he can write. Go hh!
- SHMELKE says: April 19, 2010 at 11:27 am My last name is Neuman, and I am pro HH.