Lakewood’s GOP Candidate Requests Public Debate With Incumbent Singer Apr 15 2010 9:16 am
Lakewood’s GOP candidate, Harold Herskowitz has requested a debate with incumbent Senator Bob Singer. “After seeing the many requests on the TLS from Senator Singer’s small group of staunch supporters, I feel now would be a good time to publicly reach out to him” he said. “If he would be interested in a public debate, with questions posed from local citizens, at the venue of his choice (strand theater?), I would be honored to debate him”.
- TZOFLOIGEN! says: April 15, 2010 at 9:32 am Please stop dreiying a kup already!!
- SHOE HORN! says: April 15, 2010 at 9:34 am I would be honored to have Hh ….in toys for thought,,,,,
- practical says: April 15, 2010 at 9:40 am The venue of choice should be toys for thought…….
- Tax payer says: April 15, 2010 at 9:44 am WON’T happen – Singer would be crazy to face off w/ Hershel. Not a good move for him if he wants a shot at being re elected for his last term. If Singer wins, the 2012 election will see many changes including his loss.
- hh staunch supporter says: April 15, 2010 at 9:49 am A debate??if your a good candidate you will win by your merits!!If you want to debate first try against Berel S….
- Scard says: April 15, 2010 at 10:33 am Will tls post the debat or will he b to scard
- Anonymous says: April 15, 2010 at 10:34 am so exiting!
- FRESSER says: April 15, 2010 at 10:46 am Great idea! Have both candidates state their platforms and have to defend them from valid criticism! If this could be done properly…
- MAD MAX says: April 15, 2010 at 11:52 am Herschel is the best thing to happen to Lakewood in 29 years!!
- malki says: April 15, 2010 at 11:56 am this sounds like a breath of fresh air …debate him now
- tzufreeden says: April 15, 2010 at 11:59 am It would be nice to see a ehrlicha frum yid in that position who would they give an alyah to in bmg singer or hershel?
- Tyrone says: April 15, 2010 at 12:01 pm First debate me Hershel. I’ll rip you apart.
- Shmelke says: April 15, 2010 at 12:09 pm I heard from yenem that the Strand venue would be too small. Perhaps the Blue Claws parking lot would work better. In case of inclement weather we can put up a tent. I think a week or so before the primary would be perfect. Let’s say June 1st. Oh wait- BMG has the parking lot reserved already for that evening. I guess a tent in Westgate will have to do instead. Good luck, Herschel!!
- hh says: April 15, 2010 at 12:22 pm heil harold!!
- go says: April 15, 2010 at 12:22 pm go cubs!!
- Jimbo says: April 15, 2010 at 12:42 pm Hey Tyrone, if you are so confident in yourself, how about throwing your hat in the ring and running for office.
- Tyrone says: April 15, 2010 at 12:51 pm 12 was not me
- Tyrone says: April 15, 2010 at 12:56 pm 12 was not me its just someone who wants people to attack me, i dont care much about politics.
- Tyrone says: April 15, 2010 at 1:00 pm maybe i should get a name change?/
- Chaim says: April 15, 2010 at 1:33 pm Herschel is the candidate of choice for the Jewish Lakewood Tea Party. Happy tax day everybody!!
- Tyrone says: April 15, 2010 at 1:34 pm It was a different Tyrone
- TZOFLOIGEN! says: April 15, 2010 at 2:04 pm Hmmm..Reb hershel you just finished posting…anyone that will plug amplifiers into the townships property….you promise..to pull the plug….How do you suggest making a debate in the theater??I wouldn’t blame tyrone if he would unplug the power…..
- Serel Bassoon says: April 15, 2010 at 2:25 pm Harold for Toy Governor
- Tyrone says: April 15, 2010 at 2:33 pm It was not me it was a different Tyrone. (hey editor would you prefer if I stopped commenting altogether?)
- To Tyron says: April 15, 2010 at 2:40 pm Hey Tyrone,
Please take a minute and reflect. Do you always have to talk so coarse? A refined Ben Torah talks to his fellow Jew with respect. Even if you have a different idea how things should be done, there is still a respectful way to talk and engage. THAT is the characteristics of a Ben Torah and a mentch.
For ideas how to act, just look at the way Hershel responds to people who comment in an unrefined way.
- Tyrone says: April 15, 2010 at 2:46 pm Sorry! One of the ppl who hate me got their way, they caused many ppl to think negativly of me by posting such things and using my name! Although usualy I respond by saying “12 wasn’t me ” for some reason today the editor delayed the posting of that. I hope it was a innocent mistake.
- To Tyron says: April 15, 2010 at 2:55 pm My apologies as well. I posted 26 before I noticed your disclaimer. This looks much like the people trying to delegitimize the Tea Party!
But then again, Hershel IS our local Tea party. Go figure!
- Anonymous says: April 15, 2010 at 3:00 pm singer shouldnt have to debate every yukel thats wants to run if there was a real man runing he would have no prob debating
- Hey Tyrone! says: April 15, 2010 at 3:03 pm Even if you didn’t write that offensive post to Hershel, still, you should take note how people reacted. Based on your history of posts, the TLS community assumed it was just another “Tyrone” annoyance. Perhaps if your attitude changed, people would say to themselves “that can’t possibly be Tyrone writing that offensive post, it must be an impostor.”
So basically, your reputation follows you.
- Anonymous says: April 15, 2010 at 3:16 pm hh 4 toy mayer but dont push ur luck
- Tyrone says: April 15, 2010 at 3:29 pm If you follow closely you would notice that the only times I react strongly and even negatively to ppl is in only two sceneries. 1: If someone has attacked me personally or tried to degrade and “start up” with me. 2: When I feel that there is a bashing of yeshivalite/benei torah festival going on.
- amazed says: April 15, 2010 at 9:22 pm Just a suggestion maybe tls editor can block duplicate names so we can see the real Tyrone
- dovdov says: April 15, 2010 at 10:17 pm Dear editor,
Since this all annonymous can’t we just not post the silly posts that the anti HH post to get everyones mind off the real topic? Please. Otherwise you will turn TLS into a not taken serious blog. Thank you for your help in keeping things in this town within reach!
- anonymous says: April 15, 2010 at 11:17 pm we need everything in open. thats why we need hershel
- oi mesusa says: April 16, 2010 at 12:46 am I saw herschel in bagel nosh a few months ago!
- Tyrone is my best friend says: April 16, 2010 at 1:09 am Tyrone was the kid who sat in the back of the classroom and made his comments and stuff but he still got straight A’s. He’s my inspiration.